Step Back 7s is a proud part of the best online slots collection at The Phone Casino. If you’ve never discovered the joys of playing 3-reel mobile slots that deliver fast, straightforward play and give you plenty of chances to win, then Step Back 7s is a good place to start.
The game’s superb design is reminiscent of the iconic fruit machines or one-armed bandits of the past, but with interesting features that include free spins with retriggers and automatic nudges to boost your chances of possible wins.
Let’s get into the details of this title that, with its simple but sleek design, and no-nonsense mechanics, make it perfect for optimal gameplay at our no-deposit mobile casino.
Theme and graphics
Retro slots aren’t exactly new or in short supply, but Step Back 7s is in a class of its own. Here, the old-school look and feel of this title is more than skin-deep. Game developer Eyecon has succeeded in recreating an online game that’s truer to the mechanical slot machine than most other titles available at the time of writing.
You’ll notice that the reels spin slowly and replicate that old-fashioned “thunk” of the one-armed bandit. While there isn’t a themed soundtrack, there is the satisfying sound of casino floor bleeps and jingles that are as good as a trip to the Las Vegas of yesteryear – without the hefty airfare!
The symbols include classic 7s (single, double, and triple), the BAR, the Liberty Bell (what could be more traditional?), plus grapes, oranges, lemons, watermelon, cherries and a joker, which is the Wild symbol.
How to play
- You can start playing Step Back 7s by tapping the three-line Menu icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. This will give you Rules and Payouts, Bet Settings, Autoplay, and Sound.
- To set a bet, go to the Coin icon, which will open a slider menu or click on Max Bet to play at the highest stake available (providing you have the bankroll, of course).
- Now select between five and 100 Autospins by clicking on the double arrow.
- When you’re ready to play, tap the Spin button to the right of the reels, and you’re off!
Features and bonuses
The first of Step Back 7s’ bonus features is the Free Spins round, which is triggered by landing the Wild symbol (the joker). Land three on the game’s single payline and you’ll be given 12 free spins. Since the Wild stands in for all other symbols, it will replace others on the reels to create new possible winning combinations, and give you even more chances to win.
The second is the Auto Nudge Feature, which comes in handy if you’ve just missed out on forming a winning combination. This feature lets you nudge the symbols on the reels up or down one space to help you possibly achieve a winning payline.
Bets and paytables
Step Back 7s can be played for between 0.10 and 50 credits per spin. Each win is paid as a multiplier of your total bet, up to a possible 25,000 credits. Keep in mind, this is a highly volatile slot with an RTP (return to player) of 92.2%, which means wins don’t happen very often, but they’re worth it when they do.
The paytable wins for landing three matching symbols are:
Triple 7s – 500x
Double 7s – 250x
7s – 125x
Any of the 7s symbols in combination – 20x
BAR – 15x
Bell – 12x
Cherries – 10x
Lemons – 5x
Oranges – 3x
Grapes – 2x.
A great way to get a bit of practice before putting real money on Step Back 7s is to take advantage of your 100 free spins at The Phone Casino, which allows you to play mobile slots for no deposit.
Games similar to Step Back 7s
If you already enjoy retro slots or, once you’ve tried Step Back 7s and want to play games that are similar, you could also give these games a spin:
- 7s On Fire, developed by Barcrest, is a 3-reel, 3-row slot with five fixed paylines that sport a classic bunch of symbols that include the usual fruits along with 7s, stars, bells and BARS. You’ll want to look out for the Wild (a golden 7) to help you form possible winning combinations.
- The Arcader slot from Thunderkick isn’t a replication of the old fruit machines, but it does an excellent job of recalling the days of home-computer games played on the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64. The 5-reel, 15-payline title has a generous offering of features that include sticky wilds, expanding wilds, free spins and multipliers, along with a Mystery Bonus Game.
- Blazing 777 is a 1X2 Gaming creation that treats players to 10 separate reels in two rows of five. The reels are set against a simple dark blue background, and the symbols recall the nostalgia of Las Vegas-style fruit machines. There are no wild or scatter symbols in Blazing 777 – just straightforward slot-game enjoyment.
Play Step Back 7s and more at The Phone Casino
Are you ready to give Step Back 7s or any of our similar featured games a spin at the UK’s premier mobile casino, where you can play without having to make a deposit? There’s also plenty of other online casino games to play, from bingo and Slingo to classic table games. In a festive season mood? Start spinning our Christmas slots or try your luck at any of our Christmas casino games that are so much fun!
To join our merry throng, all you have to do is register at The Phone Casino.