3 Card Brag is based on the popular casino game (also known as Tri Card Brag) and is played with 1 deck of 52 cards, shuffled at the start of each game.
3 Card Brag is actually two games in one. In the main game you are dealt one hand of three cards, which must beat the Dealer's hand to win. In the additional 'Pair Bonus' game, the result and the amount you can win depends only on the value of your hand, irrespective of the Dealer's hand.
You can play either one of these games separately or both together and you can stake different amounts on each.
Choose your stake from the selection of chips at the bottom left of the screen.
To place your chip(s) on the table, click in the square 'ANTE' bet area and/or in the 'PAIR BONUS' bet circle.
You can choose to play either the main game (by placing an ANTE bet) or the Pair Bonus game (by placing a PAIR BONUS bet) or both.
A chip will be placed in each bet area that you click every time you click on any bet area.
Placing Your Bets
You may place as many chips as you like on each bet area (ANTE and PAIR BONUS), provided that you will still have enough chips remaining to place a PLAY bet during the game, and provided that you do not exceed the maximum stake.
You may choose different stakes for each of your bets - just select a new chip value or place multiple chips on each bet area.
The total amount you have staked will be shown in the 'Total Stake' box at the bottom right of the screen.
If you press the 'Double Bet' button, the total bets you have placed so far on ANTE and PAIR BONUS will be doubled.
Press 'Undo' to undo your last action - so if you have removed a chip from the table, 'Undo' will replace it, or if you have just pressed 'Double Bet' then 'Undo' will remove those chips you just added.
If you change your mind and want to start again, press 'Clear All Bets' to remove all chips from the table.
Once you are happy with your bets, press 'Deal' to play the game. Once you have pressed 'Deal', you cannot cancel your bets.
Play or Fold
Once you press 'Deal', three cards each will be dealt to you and to the Dealer. The Dealer's cards will be dealt face down.
Once each hand has been dealt, you will be given the option to Play or Fold.
If you choose to PLAY then a stake equal to your ANTE is automatically placed on the PLAY bet area and deducted from your chip balance.
If receive a hand made up of a pair or better and you placed a 'PAIR BONUS' bet, you must select PLAY in order to win that bet.
If you choose to FOLD, you will forfeit your cards and your stakes and the game will end. If you placed a PAIR BONUS bet you will lose your PAIR BONUS stake, even if your hand is made up of a pair or better.
Once you have selected PLAY or FOLD, the Dealer's hand is turned face up. If you have chosen to PLAY, the result will now be displayed.
The Result - Main Game
The Dealer needs a hand including at least one Queen or better in order to qualify to play.
If the Dealer qualifies, then your hand is compared with the Dealer's and the best hand wins the game.
If you win, your winnings are paid to you at this point or your stake is removed if you lose. See the Payout Table below for payouts.
If the Dealer does not qualify, you win the ANTE bet but the PLAY bet is a push, so you will be paid out on the ANTE and your PLAY stake will be returned to you.
If the Dealer qualifies but your hand is better, then you win both the ANTE and PLAY bets.
If the Dealer qualifies and the hands are tied, then the game is a push, so both your ANTE and PLAY stakes are returned to you.
If the Dealer qualifies and beats your hand, then you lose both your ANTE and PLAY stakes.
See below for an explanation of how bets are settled on the PAIR BONUS game.
Highest 3 of a kind (Prial) is 3-3-3 followed by A-A-A, K-K-K ... etc.
Highest Run and Running Flush is A-2-3 followed by A-K-Q, K-Q-J ... etc.
Pair Bonus Game
The Dealer does not need to qualify in order for you to win the PAIR BONUS game - this is a separate side bet based only on your hand.
If your hand is made up of a pair or better, then you win the PAIR BONUS bet. See the Payout Table below for details of Pair Bonus payouts.
You will lose the PAIR BONUS if you fold, regardless of your hand, so you must PLAY after the Deal to win the side bet.
If your hand is a Running Flush, Prial (Three Of A Kind) or a Run, you will qualify for an ante bonus win.
The Ante bonus is won based only on your hand, so as long as you PLAY after the Deal, it will be paid regardless of the Dealer's hand.
The Ante bonus will not be paid out if you Fold.
See the Payout Table below for details of ante bonus payouts.
This game is supplied by NYX and is certified by the UK Gambling Commission as having been independently tested and up to the required standards for players in the UK.
If you experience any difficulties with this game or any other game you should follow our Complaints procedure and contact us.
More information can be found in-game
When the game first loads, the player is presented with the main game interface with three tooltips pointing to the three main areas of the interface 'Select Stake by Touching Casino Chip' points to the chip selector, 'Place Bets Here' points to the betting area and 'Offers the Player Information and Game Options' points to the 'Options' Button. The tooltips will disappear after a brief period or if the player taps the main game interface.
Set Your Stake
• Select the chip value by pressing on a suitable chip from the chip selector located to the left of the game interface. The selected chip is indicated by a white highlight around the chip. All other chips are dulled in appearance.
• To see the available chip values, tap the 'up' and 'down' arrow buttons located to the top and bottom of the chip selector respectively to cycle up or down the values, until the minimum or maximum chip value is reached.
Placing a Bet
• Once a chip value has been selected, tapping either the 'ANTE' or 'PAIRS UP' lozenges located in the betting area at the bottom of the bet cloth will place a chip of the selected value for that bet.
• Each additional tap will add one unit of the selected chip value to that bet, it is also possible to mix chip values on the same bet.
• The stake value for each bet is displayed in a tooltip located centrally beneath each bet.
• The total stake value for all bets placed is displayed in the 'Stake' field located bottom right of the game interface.
• If there are no chips placed in the betting area, the relevant bet lozenge will glow to indicate to the player where chips can be placed.
• The player must have sufficient balance to match the 'ANTE' stake when the game is in play.
• When a chip has been placed, the 'Clear', 'Undo', 'Double' and 'Deal' buttons ('initial buttons') become active in the button interface to the right of the game interface.
• Tapping the 'Clear' button, removes all chips placed.
• Tapping the 'Undo' button, removes the last chip placed. Tapping again will remove the next chip, and so on until all placed chips have been removed.
• While there are no chips in the betting area, the 'Clear', 'Undo', 'Double' and 'Deal' buttons will be de-activated.
• Following a game, the 'Rebet and Deal', 'Rebetx2 and Deal', 'Rebet' and 'Rebetx2' buttons ('rebet buttons') are displayed, replacing the 'initial buttons' in the button interface.
• Tapping 'Rebet and Deal' will replace the previous chips and start the game in the same way as tapping the 'Deal' button. Similarly, tapping 'Rebetx2 and Deal' will replace double the previous chips.
• Tapping 'Rebet' will replace the previous chips and return the 'initial buttons' to the button interface to allow the player to adjust their bet. Similarly, tapping 'Rebetx2' will replace double the previous chips.
• The 'rebet buttons' are only active if the player has sufficient funds to replace their previous bet.
Start The Game
• When all bets have been placed, tapping the 'Deal' button located to the right of the game interface will remove the button interface and chip selector and the cards will be dealt when the result is returned from the server.
• If either bet ('ANTE' or 'PAIRS UP') have no placed chips, it will no longer be highlighted until the game has been reset.
• Cards are dealt from the 'card shoe', top right of the bet cloth in turn to the player and dealer until both have three cards.
• The player hand is dealt face up with the values showing, whereas the dealer hand remains face down.
Game In Play
• Once all cards have been dealt, the value of the player hand is displayed via an overlay in front of the cards ('9 High' for example).
• If the player has chosen to place an 'ANTE' bet, the 'initial buttons' are replaced in the button interface with the 'in play buttons', namely 'FOLD' and 'PLAY'.
• Once the player has assessed their hand, tapping the 'PLAY' button places a stake equal to the 'ANTE' stake on the 'PLAY' lozenge (deducted from the player balance), the dealer hand cards turn face up, display the value of the hand (via an overlay in front of the cards) and the game result is displayed.
• Tapping 'FOLD' causes the player to forfeit their hand and stakes, the dealer hand cards turn face up, display the value of the hand (via an overlay in front of the cards) before the player's chips travel to the dealer, the cards are cleared and the game is reset.
• If the player hand contains a pair or better following the decision to fold, a popup is displayed asking the player 'Are you sure you want to fold?'. Tapping the 'Dismiss message and do not show again in session' button confirms the fold and will not prompt the player again on subsequent folds. Tapping the 'x' close button top right of the popup will close the popup.
• If the player has not placed an 'ANTE' bet, following the cards being dealt, the dealer hand cards turn face up, display the value of the hand (via an overlay in front of the cards) and the game result is displayed.
• Tapping the 'Settings' cog icon located to the right of the betting area will open a dialogue panel from which the player can access game rules (via the 'RULES' button) and also switch the voice or table sounds on or off (via the relevant button).
• Once within the rules section, tapping the 'Next' and 'Back' buttons located to the right of the screen will navigate forward and backward respectively. Tapping the 'Exit' button will return to the main game interface.
3. How Do You Win?
• The dealer hand must include at least one Queen or better in order to qualify to play.
• If the dealer qualifies, the player hand is compared with the dealer hand and the best hand wins the game.
• If the player wins, the winning value for each bet (in chips) travels to the relevant bet area before the cards are cleared and the game is reset.
• On a win, before the cards are cleared, the win value for each bet is displayed below the relevant bet area. At the same time a 'Winner' message is displayed centrally in the game interface showing the total win value.
• If the dealer qualifies and the hands are tied, then the game is a push.
• If the dealer qualifies and beats the player hand, the player loses any bets placed.
• If the dealer does not qualify, the player wins the 'ANTE' bet but the 'PLAY' bet is a push.
• If the player hand is a Running Flush, Prial (Three of a kind) or a Run, they qualify for an 'ANTE BONUS' win.
• The 'ANTE BONUS' is won based only on the player hand and regardless of the dealershand.
• The 'ANTE BONUS' will not be paid out if the player folds.
• The dealer does not need to qualify in order for the player to win the 'PAIRS UP' bet, this is a separate side bet based only on the player hand.
• If the player hand contains a pair or better, they win the 'PAIRS UP' bet.
• The 'PAIRS UP' bet will not be paid out if the player folds.
A bet is placed only when it has been received by our server from your handset using our software. Once a bet has been placed it is final and binding and cannot be cancelled or changed. For the avoidance of doubt, a bet remains valid even if the result cannot for any reason be displayed back to your handset (due, for example, to a network failure, interruption of communication, or if you receive a phone call). In the event of a game termination, any relevant jackpot will be paid out on a random draw authorised by the regulator.
The theoretical average return to player (RTP) is 97%. This RTP represents the long-term expected payback of the game which has been calculated by an independent testing company and monitored monthly.
Malfunction voids all plays and pay outs.
Unresolved bets placed but remaining undecided in incomplete games will become void after 90 days and will be forfeited to charity.