There’s no doubt that casino games have been growing in popularity over the years, especially as online casino gaming has become easier and more accessible to many gambling fans. As a fan of live online casino games or other digital casino games, like online slots in the UK, you may be wondering if there is a best time to play casino games online. And if there is, when should you play?
Ultimately, this answer may vary from game to game or depending on why you enjoy casino games, but let’s look at this topic in greater detail.
Is there a best time of day to play casino games online?
The short answer is ‘it depends’ as the best time of day to play may differ depending on what casino games you enjoy playing and what your goals are when you play.
For example, if you enjoy online poker and want to play as many tables as possible, playing at four in the morning when most poker players are asleep is not a great idea. Additionally, the later you go, the less likely you are to go up against more casual players and the more likely you are to play against dedicated players like yourself. For a game like online poker, the answer is yes; there is a best time of day to play.
On the other hand, what if you’re a fan of online slots and just want to play a regular slot? Is there a specific time of day that you should play if you enjoy spinning the reels online? If it’s just an ordinary slot, then the answer would be no; there isn’t really a best time of day for you to play.
But if it’s a progressive slot, the answer to this question changes. Since a progressive jackpot is affected by the number of people playing, you want to play when most people are online. Yes, you will be theoretically competing against these players for the jackpot, but the jackpot will also be much larger because there are more people playing.
When should you play?
Even though when you should play depends on a number of factors, there’s an overall rule of thumb that you can follow when deciding what time of the day you should play online casino games. In general, most casinos are busiest between eight at night and two in the morning, although this depends on where most players who use the online casino are from, as people playing across time zones may affect when the largest number of players are online during the day. So if you play a game that requires other people to play or grow a jackpot, that’s likely the best time to play. If the game dynamic doesn’t change throughout the day, you can play whenever you feel like it.
Other factors that you might want to consider that could affect your chances of winning are:
- Whether it’s a holiday: More players will be online as people have more free time. Some casinos will also offer specific promotions to align with certain holidays, further increasing the number of players.
- What season it is: Many people will take the time to enjoy the outdoors during the warmer months, retreating indoors to play online casino games when it’s too cold to be outside. This may mean a game’s player pool will be larger or smaller at different times of the year, while other games that you play solo will be unaffected (unless they offer a progressive jackpot system, in which case jackpots may be lower).
- What promotions are on offer: An online casino may offer an incredibly good bonus, such as a great reload bonus or no deposit bonus, which draws players back in for a limited period. Again, depending on the types of casino games you play, this may influence when you decide to play or not.
Myths about when you should play
While there may be factors that have a tangible effect on when you decide to play, there are many myths that players believe that actually have no impact on when you should play casino games online. Here are a few of the myths to keep in mind.
- Playing slots in the morning or night can affect your chances of winning: Some people believe that some slots will pay out more often or less often, depending on the time of day or the number of players who are playing at a particular time. Slots will pay out according to their Return To Player (RTP), regardless of what time of day it is or the number of people online. The only thing that can change, as we’ve already mentioned, is your potential winnings on a progressive jackpot.
- Casino games have to meet certain payout quotas, usually on a monthly cycle: Some gamblers think that the longer a machine doesn’t pay out, the higher chance they have of winning, particularly as it gets closer to the end of the month. This is why many gamblers will play more as the end of the month gets closer, particularly if there’s a big jackpot to be won. Unfortunately, this is not the case and playing more towards the end of a month won’t increase your chances of winning on a game that hasn’t paid out a lot that month.
Be sure to gamble responsibly, regardless of when you play
Whenever you do decide to play, it’s important to remember to gamble responsibly. If you are concerned that you may be developing irresponsible gaming habits, such as gambling instead of doing your work or studying, choosing to gamble over spending time with friends and family, or running out of money and trying to find more to continue playing, you should stop and assess whether gambling has a negative impact on your life. Find out more about responsible gambling and how to seek assistance if you need it here.
Play whenever you want at The Phone Casino
There’s no doubt that at the end of the day, the best time to play is the time that suits you. This may be when you’re relaxing at home, on your lunch break, or taking public transportation on your way to or from work. This is why it’s important to have a great mobile casino close at hand. At The Phone Casino, you can play exciting casino games online, like blackjack, roulette, slots, and a host of other thrilling games of chance.
Register at The Phone Casino to join in all the exciting online casino gaming and play whenever you want!