Roulette is undoubtedly one of the most popular games in casinos all over the world and if you play roulette online, you’ll have noticed that there are quite a few different versions. Today, we’re going to discuss American Roulette, how it’s different from European Roulette, and then take a closer look at two of the most popular games that we have in our no deposit mobile casino.
The difference between American and European Roulette
While there are subtle differences between the two, there is one big difference that will have an impact on your roulette strategy.
A European Roulette wheel, such as in Immersive Roulette, has 37 numbers, from 0 – 36. Odds are coloured black, evens are coloured red, and the 0 is coloured green.
In American Roulette, there are actually 38 numbers. The colour scheme stays the same, with odds being black and evens being red. However, you’ll notice that there are two different green zeros: 0 and 00. The double zero creates the extra number in American Roulette.
Betting-wise, the two versions are very similar in the sense that you have straight-up bets, odds or evens, street, corner, column, and so on. However, American Roulette doesn’t have the ‘called bet’ options that European Roulette does, such as Tiers du Cylindre and Orphelins a Cheval.
If you haven’t played American Roulette yet, then it’s always a great idea to play free roulette online to practice and get a feel for the game first.
Now that you know a little bit about the differences between American and European Roulette, let’s take a closer look at one of the most popular American Roulette games at The Phone Casino.
American 20p Roulette
American 20p Roulette is a simple and easy-to-play version of American Roulette. You don’t have to be a high roller to enjoy this roulette game! Developed by Inspired, this is a straightforward, elegant, and intuitive game perfect for beginners and experienced players alike.
To play American 20p Roulette, your minimum betting limit is one credit (£1) and a maximum of 10,000 credits (£10,000). The highest payout on this game is a whopping £100,000.
The betting types in this game are the same as those that you’d make in normal roulette and are as follows:
Outside bets are made on the perimeter of the roulette table on groups of numbers or colours, rather than a specific number. These are excellent bets for getting more table coverage. Outside bets have a higher chance of winning, but they will pay out less than inside bets.
- Red or Black – Choose whether you think the ball will land on a red or black number. This bet pays out at even odds (1:1).
- Odd or Even – Choose whether you think the ball will land on an odd or even number. This bet pays out at even odds (1:1).
- Low or High – Bet on the low numbers of 1-18 or the high numbers of 19-36. You win if the ball lands in the section that you chose. The payout will be even odds (1:1).
- Column – The numbers on a roulette table are organised in three columns of 12 numbers each. Choose a specific column and if the ball lands on any of those numbers your payout will be 2:1.
- Dozens – Bet on whether you think the ball will land on the first dozen (1-12), second dozen (13-24), or third dozen (25-36). The payout will be 2:1.
Inside bets are made on specific numbers or sets of numbers on the roulette table. While they have a lower chance of winning than outside bets, they have a larger payout that balances the risk.
- Straight-up – Also known as a single-number bet, a straight-up bet is where you bet on one specific number. The payout will be 35:1.
- Split – A split bet is when you bet on two adjacent numbers. The payout will be 17:1.
- Street – A street bet is when you bet on three numbers in a row, for example, you could place your bet on 19, 20, and 21. If it lands on any of these numbers, the payout will be 11:1.
- Corner – Also called a square bet or quarter bet, a corner bet refers to a bet that involves four numbers. Essentially the chip is placed on the corner that joins all four numbers and if the ball lands on any of these numbers, the payout will be 8:1.
- Basket – A basket bet is when you bet on five numbers, i.e. 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. The payout will be 6:1 if the ball lands on any of these numbers.
- Double Street – This is when you bet on two adjoining sets of three numbers on the roulette table. If the ball lands on any of these six numbers, the payout will be 5:1.
How to play
This is a super straightforward roulette game and you simply have to do the following to get started:
- Place your bet options using at least £1 on the Bet Table.
- Select the ‘Bet’ button to launch the ball and spin the wheel.
- Wait until the ball has settled and if it lands on your selection, then you win.
Play American Roulette at The Phone Casino
At The Phone Casino, we have a variety of roulette games for you to choose from, ranging from European and American Roulette to online live roulette and everything in between. You can even win free daily spins and free welcome bonuses at our no deposit required casino.
Register to play American Roulette and more with The Phone Casino.