Whether you like playing online games like Fortnite and World of Warcraft, or a casino game such as online slots in the UK, things can happen which affect your personal security. Join us as we share the different steps you can take to stay safe when playing online casino games at a mobile casino. Playing at a secure online casino should be your top priority!
1. Ensure your device is not compromised
Before you engage in any online activities, you should make sure that the device you are playing on has the latest updates, as these will usually have security patches that prevent attackers from gaining access to your device. This applies to all devices, from Android smartphones and iPad tablets to Windows PCs and laptops.
You also need to be careful about which sites you access and what files you download. Safe online casinos with real money can be easy to find if you know what to look for. Even seemingly-safe links in an email could be cleverly put together by cybercriminals to convince you to hand over private data or download malware or viruses that affect your PC or mobile device.
By being careful, you can avoid having to install extra tools, such as anti-virus software, but you can additionally use these if you want to make extra sure you’re safe. Windows 10 users already have built-in protection with Microsoft Defender, but you still need to be cautious – cybercriminals are always looking for new ways to get around these security measures.
2. Find a site that you can trust
Are online casinos safe? If you’ve never played at one, it is a legitimate concern. Once you’ve checked your devices and you’re sure they are secure, it’s time to find a site that you can trust. Thankfully there are a few things you can do to ensure an online casino is safe before you sign up so that you can play all its exciting games of online slots. Here’s what you should keep an eye out for:
- Verify that the casino has a licence for operating in your region. If you’d like to have government protections when you play at an online casino, you need to make sure it is licensed to operate in your region. UK players can do this by scrolling to the bottom of the page and looking for a link to the casino’s licence on the Gambling Commission website.
- If the casino is licensed for another country and you choose to play there, you may not have any way to resolve issues you have with the casino if there is a problem. If a virtual casino doesn’t have a licence at all, you should avoid playing there.
- Check what the site’s payment options are. Most reputable casinos support major payment options, such as PayPal, or credit cards like VISA or Mastercard. If the site doesn’t support these options and only accepts payment using services where you have no way of claiming your money back (such as cryptocurrencies), it’s possible that the site may be illegal or even just a front to steal your money.
- Read the terms and conditions. If the site has a licence for your region and reputable payment options, you’ll want to read the terms and conditions (sometimes abbreviated to “T&Cs”, or “Ts and Cs”). Even if a site is legal, it may still have unfair policies that are hidden in the fine print, so it’s worth doing your research before signing up.
- Reach out to the support team. Imagine you’re playing online slots, a game freezes, and you lose your money. You wouldn’t want to find out in that situation that the support team takes a long time to respond or doesn’t respond at all. Reach out to the support team before you make a deposit to find out what their service levels are like.
- Search to see what others have to say about the site. It’s always a good idea to see what other players have to say about a service, whether it’s a fast-food restaurant or a virtual casino! Do a Google search to see what others think about the site on social media channels, as well as official reviews on places like Google, Facebook, or reputable casino review sites.
3. Make sure your online account is difficult to hack into
When you’re ready to register at a virtual casino of your choice, it’s important to ensure you protect your identity and your account. You can do this in several ways:
- You may want to consider creating a unique email address for your online casino account. If you have all your accounts tied to one email address and someone manages to gain access to it, they may be able to do things like reset your password and gain access to your online casino account. A separate email address will help you avoid this potential problem.
- Make sure your username and email address are different so that you aren’t accidentally sharing your private email address with random people online.
- Passwords should always be strong to ensure people can’t randomly guess them or use hacking tools to gain access to your account. Most modern sites have tools to help you assess whether your password is strong, but a strong password usually contains upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols. The longer your password is, the better. You should also avoid using passwords that are based on information that you commonly share, such as your birthday, the name of your pet, or a mother’s maiden name.
By keeping this in mind when you create your account, you make it harder for hackers to compromise your casino account, as well as other online services and information.
4. Do not share personal information with people you don’t know
Okay, so you’ve found a website that you can trust, followed the steps to register, created a strong password and provided the site with all the necessary information to verify your identity. Now it’s time to make your first deposit and play! Before you do, we have one last piece of advice that you should follow to ensure you stay safe.
Be very careful when sharing private or personal information online with anyone, even if they claim to be staff for your favourite mobile casino. Individuals may try to steal your private information to get into your casino account, hack other online accounts, or even find out where you live. This is why it’s so important that you know how to recognise legitimate communications from your virtual casino so you can be assured they are genuine.
And with that out of the way, all that’s left for you is to sit back and enjoy some fun and exciting casino games! Is it safe to gamble online? Yes, it is, if you’ve completed all these steps to ensure your safety online.
Now you know how to stay safe, it’s game on!
With all these different ways to gamble online and stay safe, you’re ready to have a great time at The Phone Casino. Our online casino has a great range of casino games, from digital versions of traditional table games including online blackjack to great instant-win games such as online scratch cards, and more!
Register at The Phone Casino to play great casino games on the go!