There are many fun and exciting gambling games to play online, but few are as quick and thrilling as online scratch cards. These incredible games of chance require only a few seconds of “scratching” for you to find out if you’re a winner, and can be a great way to try your luck on a quick win when you don’t have the time for slots or other casino games.
Join us as we take a look at what The Big One scratch game, from game developer Hacksaw Gaming, has to offer fans of these rapid-win gambling games.
The Big One is a by-the-numbers instant-win online scratch card game that has a default return to player (RTP) of 50.68%, with an additional RTP level of 82.10%. It costs £3 to purchase a single card and the game offers a range of fixed prizes – but no progressive jackpot.
This online game is compatible with mobile phones, tablets, and desktop devices. Due to its mobile-first design approach, it will work perfectly with mobile devices that have smaller screens.
The gameplay in The Big One is simple and will be easy to understand for anyone who has played scratch card games before – and even those who haven’t. The game launches with a Big One card in the centre of your screen. Below is a toolbar with various information and options. On the far left is the game settings menu, which you can open to access the Sound, Info, and Home options. To the right of this menu are the Balance and Bet Amounts, which list your balance and how much a card costs. In the centre of the toolbar are the Buy button and Autoplay/Auto scratch feature (which we’ll cover in detail later).
To play, all you need to do is click the Buy button, and your cursor will change into a scratching tool. You can then choose to manually scratch to reveal your winnings, or click the Scratch All button that appears on the toolbar for a near-instant “reveal”. The game will automatically highlight any matching numbers and let you know how much you’ve won!
The Big One offers fixed prizes starting at €/£1, all the way up to €/£10 million! You will win one of the specified prizes by matching the value three times on the card. For example, three 1s will get you €/£1, three 250s will get you €/£250, while three 25,000s will get you €/£25,000. To win the maximum prize of €/£10 million, you will need to land three of the rare “Big One” symbols (a gentleman in a top hat wearing a bow tie).
Unlike other types of jackpot mobile games like slots, scratch cards have much simpler graphics. The Big One features a clear-to-understand graphical interface, with text and buttons that are easily legible on the toolbar.
The scratch card itself takes centre stage and makes use of a bright pink and green colour palette to catch your eye. The title of the game is clearly displayed in big, bold letters across the top of the card. Below it is the scratch area, which contains nine well-illustrated images of the game’s mascot (the bow-tie-wearing man in a top hat).
The animations in this game are limited to just a few. Players get to experience:
- The scratching animation – Coloured confetti falls from the scratch area as the player scratches away at it.
- Any win animations – Bright, large text will appear with the amount you’ve won.
- The “Scratch all” animation – A simple fade away that reveals the contents of the scratch area.
As you can no doubt tell, these basic animations won’t win any awards, but they are eye-catching enough to do the job. Also, they are quick, so you won’t have to wait long for them to complete – a big plus for anyone who only has a short time to play.
Since scratch games are designed to be quick and simple, it’s unsurprising to discover this game only has two extra features. These are:
- The “Scratch All” button – If you want to find out if you’ve won as quickly as possible, all you have to do is click the “Scratch All” button to almost instantaneously reveal your card.
- The Autoplay/Auto scratch feature – The auto-scratch feature is much like the autoplay feature you’d find in online slots. You can configure how many times you’d like to play the game and then let the game automatically scratch for you! The feature has basic and advanced options. Under the basic options, you can configure the number of rounds that the game will automatically play. These are set at fixed values. Under the advanced options, you can configure the loss and single-win limits. These also have fixed values, but can be configured to suit your personal requirements using the “Custom” settings.
Become a scratch card winner at The Phone Casino
If you’re in the mood to play online scratch cards be sure to check out the huge variety of instant-win games we have available at The Phone Casino. From lotto scratch cards to bingo scratch cards and everything in between. Register at our online casino to start playing all the incredible scratch titles we have on offer, as well as other exciting games including online blackjack, roulette, slots, video poker, and more!